276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Forgiving What You Can't Forget: Discover How to Move On, Make Peace with Painful Memories, and Create a Life That’s Beautiful Again

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It's no secret, I've shared openly that I'm a survivor of childhood sexual assault, so that was my personal approach to this book, but the material is applicable for any level of minor hurt to outright heartbreak. I'm also aware TerKuerst ended up divorcing her husband after the publication of this title, so any positives she mentioned in her story feel inauthentic. I’m a big fan of It’s Not Supposed To Be This Way by Lysa TerKeurst, so I was super excited to get a copy of this book.

However, as hard as this seems, I think it’s harder to keep letting circumstances and complicated people kidnap my peace. Lysa TerKeurst is president and chief visionary officer of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the author of six New York Times bestsellers, including Good Boundaries and Goodbyes, Forgiving What You Can’t Forget, and It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way. Lysa TerKeurst is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the New York Times best-selling author of Univited, The Best Yes, Unglued, Made to Crave, and 18 other books. I’m afraid forgiveness will give them false hope that I want to reestablish the relationship, but I don’t.Disempower the triggers hijacking your emotions by embracing the two necessary parts of forgiveness. But I will not negotiate excuses or navigate exceptions with lengthy explanations that wear me down emotionally. I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands, that I still possess. Please do not refuse a shipment or ignore requests from carriers regarding duty and/or tax liability charges. Each chapter is deep, challenging, and real--like sitting down with a friend and counselor at the same time.

It’s easier to ignore this person altogether than to try and figure out boundaries so they don’t keep hurting me. When you let the hurt go and the grudges all leave, PERSPETIVE--a really great gift-- is what you'll receive. Staying here, blaming them, and forever defining your life by what they did will only increase the pain. I was hesitant with the author given her association with false teachers and other problematic things I've seen regarding her teaching styles.

Wrongs we deem were never made right are incredibly stealthy in their ability to sit, quietly seething, until that one more wrong done to us gives them permission to finally scream. Terkheurst also did an impeccable job explaining that forgiveness of an Act happens once - what happens over and over again is forgiveness of the Impact of the act. The biggest thing that makes Lysa Terkeurst’s writing so impactful is that she counters all of my own thoughts before I had time to think them. Taking what was actually terrible in the past and tricking ourselves into thinking it was better than it was.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment