276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Let's Pretend This Never Happened

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have pretty much no memory of Austin, but according to my mom we lived in a walk-up apartment near the military base, and late at night I would stand up in my crib, open the curtains, and attempt to wave soldiers on the street up to my room.

I heard those people are very nonjudgmental, and if you accidentally say something offensive you can just blame it on their hallucinations.Unfortunately, there’s a secret word somewhere in this book, and if you don’t read all of it you won’t find out the secret word. Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson is a completely hilarious, inappropriately outrageous and a truly courageous memoir. I can finally see that all the terrible parts of my life, the embarrassing parts, the incidents I wanted to pretend never happened, and the things that make me "weird" and "different," were actually the most important parts of my life. I have to say that the whole cheating angle REALLY bothered me, and especially how both Morgan and Johah were treated. There are photos interspersed throughout the book, and I couldn’t stop laughing at a picture of a very large metal chicken standing outside the front door to her house with the caption “knock knock, motherfucker.

But then sneaking off to a dark corner to read in the soft glow of my goofy-assed e-reader is an acceptable outcome (my preccccciiiiooooussssss). Some of my favorite quotes in the book include " A friend is someone who knows where all your bodies are buried.

It's true, I did say I wanted girlfriends," I capitulated hesitantly, "but couldn't we start with something smaller and less terrifying? I burst into uncontrollable laughter when her dad insisted that the turkeys running amok in their front yard and scaring the mailman were quails. Jenny was always aware she didn’t fit in the way her sister did and while she tried making being alternative her personality she still longed for that connection which lead her to try drugs and this wasn’t a good move.

If not, I guess I’ll have to go the old fashioned way and actually hold a book to read it because I soooo want to read this.All in all, while it wasn’t a bad read, it by no means lived up to my reading experience with Furiously Happy. It was one of my favorite books, and I always related to Ramona—never fitting in and always messing up everything. My aunt Roxie and I are convinced you are our “sista’ by anotha mothuh” and on that note, thought you’d appreciate this excerpt from an actual Groupon ad for trench coats I was checking out today. I don’t live anywhere near where your book tour is going, but I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a great time. Ps I can’t freakin’ wait to read it and REALLY give my hubby a reason to think we’re both crazy as i read it and laugh like a hieana!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment