276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MX 5 4 g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Current findings from our permanent quality assurance tests show that certain batches of our MX-5 thermal compound contain anomalies in consistency and shelf life. These cooling solutions help dissipate heat effectively, allowing for better performance and lower temperatures.

It's so thick that unless your cooler has a very high clamping force it won't actually spread evenly from pressure from the traditional pea / rice / center dot method, and putting too much on can actually create a "layer" of TIM that reduces optimal heat transfer. High CPU load results were obtained using the Prime95 in-place large FFTs test with eight worker threads for a minimum of 15 minutes or until the temperature was deemed stable. This does not appear to affect Arctic MX-4 which is still currently available and has not had the same issues MX-5 had.I had the same thought as you (That they've fixed it), and was looking for one, went to their site and couldn't find MX-5. I don't see anything like a batch number on any of my current TIM, Zalman, and Coolermaster which I currently have.

Even with trying to lean the heatsink over to remove it, it still ripped my 5600X out of the socket. It helps in reducing the temperature of the processor by filling the microscopic gaps and irregularities on the surface of the CPU or GPU and the heat sink. In addition to heat transfer, thermal compounds often contain materials that protect against corrosion and ensure longevity for both the component and the heatsink. However, it is not only a choice between light (P12 Max White) and dark (P12 Max Black), but also between different types of bearings, fluid dynamic and ball ones. With its new formula, the MX-5 allows a low minimum bondline thickness and thus features in combination with a high thermal conductivity a very low thermal resistance.As we advance into an era of ever-more demanding computing tasks, the right thermal paste can contribute significantly to maintaining system stability, extending hardware lifespan, and unlocking the full potential of modern processors. Novamente, a chave é ter bastante paciência, é como fazer um escondidinho: pode parecer bem feio no momento que aplica, mas com cuidado você consegue formar uma camada quase perfeita.

runs at 70-75C (still hot but much better and this CPU is known to run extremely hot) whereas the 5900x now runs 70-72C, both with PBO and long session gaming/benchmark. I put Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut High Performance Thermal Paste on my 5800X and Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black cooler about 15 months ago. ARCTIC has mentioned that the color of MX-5 is blue though it seems more like a shade of light blue color. When the paste was placed on the IHS, it gave the impression that it is almost liquid (low Viscosity).I have tried in two different systems, one has a Ryzen 7 5800x (Known to be very hot) and the other was Ryzen 9 5900x.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment